Every year, many Dallas women and men visit Dr. Bassichis to inquire about getting a facelift. These patients specifically seek him out for his reputation of providing natural-looking results that provide clients with timeless beauty, not a worked-on, windblown look. One of the many questions Dr. Bassichis receives when consulting with patients about facelifts is, “How visible are my scars going to be after surgery?” Continue reading to learn more.
Dr. Bassichis Works to Disguise Facelift Scars
The good news for Dallas men and women is that facelift surgeon, Dr. Bassichis, works very hard to high scars when performing a facelift on the lower third of your face. He does this by:
- Making a small incision underneath the chin to address sagging cheeks and jowls.
- Making incisions in your hairline, above and around your ear, so scars are disguised when used to address the midface portion of your face.
And because Dr. Bassichis has a policy of working on making you look like the best version of you, not someone with a “windblown” look, not only will nobody see your scars, they’ll be none the wiser that you’ve had work done – unless of course, you tell them
What Makes a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Simply desiring to turn back the hands of time isn’t enough to qualify you to be one of Dr. Bassichis’ patients. In order to be accepted, you must:
- Share your full medical and mental health history to make sure you are healthy enough for this elective plastic surgery procedure.
- Pass a pre-operative examination by your Dallas general practitioner to clear you for elective surgery.
- Fully listen to Dr. Bassichis about the facelift procedure, and communicate back to him that you understand that you know what will take place and what your anticipated results may be.
Your Surgery Day Experience
On the big day, you’ll arrive having fasted at least 12 hours prior. This is necessary because you’ll be receiving general anesthesia for your procedure, and surgeons and anesthesiologists alike prefer to perform elective procedures on patients with empty stomachs to prevent complications.
You’ll first be called back to a pre-op room, where a team of nurses and medical professionals will prepare you for your surgery. Then you’ll be wheeled back to the operating room for the big event.
Once the anesthesiologist has administered your anesthesia through an IV, you’ll quickly fall asleep, and Dr. Bassichis will get to work. When he’s done, you’ll be transferred to a post-op room where you’ll wake up and be monitored by nurses and medical technicians. You’ll need to arrange for a ride home from your surgery because general anesthesia and driving don’t mix.
Why Wait? Schedule Your Consultation today!
If you think your facial appearance makes you look older than you really are, or than you feel inside, there’s no reason to walk around Dallas that way. A facelift can be an excellent procedure to make you look great for your age.
If you’re interested in this elective plastic surgery, call Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery Center today to schedule a consultation at (972) 774-1777.