If you are considering getting a facelift, you probably have a lot of questions. How do I pick a Dallas facelift surgeon? What qualifications and education does my facelift surgeon need to have? What are my final results going to look like? Am I even a good candidate for a facelift? Well, you can rest assured, you’ve come to the right place to get the answers you seek. Dr. Bassichis at Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery Center performs hundreds of facelifts a year, and he is here to answer all your questions.
Are You Board Certified in Plastic Surgery?
One of the crucial questions you should ask your plastic surgeon is if he or she is board certified in plastic surgery, and what other qualifications he or she has. Dr. Bassichis has an impressive list of credentials. He is double board certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology (head and neck surgery).
Dr. Bassichis received his undergraduate degree from Brandeis University, where he graduated Cum Laude. He also attended the Medical School University of Texas; had an internship in general surgery at the University of Texas in Dallas; he had his residency in head and neck surgery at the University of Texas in Dallas, where he was Chief Resident for head and neck surgery; and he had a fellowship in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
In addition to his board certifications and quality education, facelift surgeon Dr. Bassichis has received numerous awards and recognition, including:
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Voted one of D Magazine’s Best Plastic Surgeons
- Voted Best Doctor in America
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- Recipient of the John Orlando Roe Award
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
Clearly, Dr. Bassichis is a qualified facelift surgeon who can work with you to receive the realistic results you desire.
What Are My Results Going to Look Like?
If you’re considering a facelift, you’re probably wondering, “What are my results going to look like?” In the past, facelifts often resulted in tight, artificial-looking results; Dr. Bassichis takes a unique, custom approach to each of his Dallas patients, allowing their natural beauty and a refreshed younger version of yourself to shine through for years to come. Rather than facial changing, Dr. Bassichis focuses on facial rejuvenation. You can see before and after pictures of Dr. Bassichis’ facelift procedures at his Dallas office.
In addition to offering plastic surgery, Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery Center also has a Medi.SPA, whose goal is to help you achieve beautifully healthy skin. At the spa, where treatments are performed under the supervision of Dr. Bassichis, you can receive aesthetics, laser and skin care, all in a spa-like, medical facility.
Am I A Good Candidate for a Facelift?
To qualify to be a good candidate for a facelift, you must meet multiple criteria including:
- Skin Elasticity: For natural-looking results, it’s important that you have facial skin that retains some elasticity.
- Strong Bone Structure: A good facelift candidate will have a well-defined underlying bone structure to provide natural-looking results.
- Realistic expectations: It’s important that a facelift candidate has realistic expectations of what a facelift can and can’t do, and be in good psychological health.
- Good Overall Health: Before you get a facelift, it’s important that you are in overall good health, so that you can heal quickly and properly from your procedure. Always discuss any pre-existing medical conditions with your facelift surgeon before a facelift surgery.
- Non-Smoker: Smoking isn’t only very damaging to your health, but it can also affect how you heal after your facelift surgery. A good facelift candidate will be a non-smoker so that proper healing can occur after the facelift surgery.
I’m Interested in a Facelift. What Do I Do Next?
If you’re interested in a facelift and believe you are a good candidate for the procedure, call facelift surgeon Dr. Bassichis in his Dallas office today at (972) 774-1777 to schedule a consultation.