Q. What can I do about the Dark Circles Under my eyes?
A. It’s seems this is a top question for Dr. B from his patients. As we mature, we discover that one of the most noticeable changes to our appearance involves the eye area. Patients may have heard from others that they look tired, even when they are feeling well and rested because of these dark areas under the eyes. So let’s talk about the main causes of the troublesome dark areas in the lower eyelid…and some of the things we can do about it.
Some of the most common causes of dark circles under the eyes:?
1. If the lower eyelid fat protrudes into the lower lid region, it often catches overhead shadows and that will appear dark.
2. An opposite but also important problem involves the lack of fat in the lower eyelid region, causing a sunken-in or hollow appearance that reveals dark shadows in the lower eyelid skin.
3. Dark pigment can be evident in the lower eyelid skin as a result of sun exposure, thin skin and/or genetics
4. Underlying blood vessels visualized through the thin lower eyelid skin may appear as redness or darkness
5. Festoons and cheek pads casting shadows in the lower eyelid and cheek regions.
As an exclusive specialist in facial procedures, Dr. Bassichis is pleased to
care for your facial health regarding darkness in undereye area.
As an exclusive specialist in facial cosmetic procedures, Dr. Bassichis is pleased to
care for your facial health regarding darkness in under-eye area.
At ADVANCED, we have several therapeutic options to treat darkness under the eyes including FDA approved facial filler injections, laser treatments, topical treatments, custom blended makeup, as well as the lower blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) which can all be combined and customized to specifically address your aesthetic concerns and achieve a natural appearing result.
Drs. Michelle and Benjamin Bassichis
Benjamin Bassichis MD FACS is a double board certified facial plastic surgeon in Dallas, Texas specializing exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of the face. To learn more about Dr. Bassichis’ plastic surgery procedures please call 972.774.1777 to schedule your consultation. www.advancedfacialplastic.com