One of D Magazine's Top Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Benjamin Bassichis is double board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. Devoted to his field of facial plastic surgery, Dr. Bassichis is a respected and skilled surgeon with a distinguished education including prestigious fellowship training in facial plastic surgery at the esteemed University of Illinois at Chicago, where he was personally mentored by world renowned facial plastic surgeons, Drs. Regan Thomas and Dean Toriumi.
Dr. Bassichis' practice is unique in that he focuses exclusively on the face, head and neck. His holistic approach to facial rejuvenation promotes natural surgical results that allow his patients' own beauty to shine without appearing "done" or artificial. In addition to surgery, Dr. Bassichis' comprehensive Facial Health Maintenance ProgramTM advocates a life-long commitment to superior skin health, beauty, and facial rejuvenation. With his patient-centered philosophy of medicine, he cares for his patients as he would his own family: with honesty, integrity, and meticulous attention to detail.
A leading national expert in facial injectibles, Dr. Bassichis is on the forefront of this technology that has revolutionized facial rejuvenation. Because Dr. Bassichis personally performs all injectible treatments himself, he has the opportunity to develop strong, long-term relationships with his patients. As a member of the elite National Educational Faculty for Botox and instructs other physicians and medical professionals in the most advanced techniques in Botox injections. He is also a national and local trainer educating other Physicians in the art of injecting Restylane, Sculptra, Juvederm, and other facial fillers. In addition, the Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery Center is a regional teaching facility for leading laser companies allowing them to showcase and educate in the latest technologies the Laser sciences have to offer, including facial rejuvenation and laser hair removal.
Dr. Bassichis has authored more than 50 scientific chapters and papers as an authority in his field. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center, where he instructs training physicians in facial plastic surgery. Winner of the prestigious John Orlando Roe Award for his outstanding research in new techniques of facial rejuvenation, Dr. Bassichis is dedicated to providing his patients with the best of art and science in facial plastic surgery.
Dr. Bassichis volunteers at the Dallas Veterans Administration Hospital to provide surgical services to our nation's local veterans. Dr. Bassichis and his wife, Michelle, who is also a physician, are dedicated to numerous philanthropic causes. They live in Dallas with their two young children, and their enormous dog. Dr. Bassichis enjoys golf, art, skiing, and tennis, but he loves spending his free time with his family most of all.
When choosing a doctor for your face, trust your face to a facial plastic surgeon. Trust your face to Dr. Bassichis.
BOARD CERTIFICATIONS and HONORS
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Voted one of D Magazine's Top Plastic Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- Recipient of the John Orlando Roe Award
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Fellowship Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL . Mentors: J. Regan Thomas, MD; Dean M. Toriumi, MD; Steve Dayan, MD
- Chief Resident Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas- Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals, Dallas, Texas.
- Residency Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas- Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals, Dallas, Texas.
- Internship General Surgery, University of Texas- Southwestern Affiliated Hospitals, Dallas, Texas.
- Medical School University of Texas - Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Texas-Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.
- Clinical Faculty, Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Veterans Administration Hospital, Dallas, Texas.